Six to Start & Naomi Alderman
Based in London, UK
Season 8 Release:
15 May 2019
Original Release date:
27 February 2012
Abel Runner's Club subscription (Month/Year):
USD: $5.99 / $34.99
EUR: €6.49 / €37.99
GBP: £5.49 / £31.99
Prices may vary by region
DescriptionWith the launch of Season 8, Zombies, Run! brings new stories for beginners and veterans alike, along with a major redesign.
Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure for iPhone and Android, created by Six to Start and award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. Over five million players worldwide run to the perfect mix of heart-pumping audio drama and pulse-pounding songs from their own playlists.
Season 8 of Zombies, Run was launched on 15 May 2019, introducing huge new features including New Adventures – a set of unique stories outside Zombies, Run! canon, ranging from epic thrillers and races against to exciting historical and scientific adventures – in-progress run saving, new Season 8 missions, and a major edesign to make the app faster and easier to use than ever.
Zombies, Run! can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. A paid "Abel Runner's Club" subscription is available to unlock unlimited access to all game modes and features. Existing players who previously purchased the app will receive the first three seasons for free and a significant discount on Abel Runner's Club membership.
HistorySix to Start are the co-creators of Zombies, Run! and The Walk.
Originally launched as a successful Kickstarter project in 2011, Zombies, Run! is the world's most popular smartphone fitness game, available on iOS and Android. Over one million players bought the app at a price between $3.99 to $7.99, with hundreds of thousands playing every month.
In May 2015, Zombies, Run! became free-to-play, with new players given unlimited access to the first four missions and the ability to unlock one additional mission per week. An Abel Runner's Club membership is available on a monthly and annual basis, which unlocks unlimited access to all missions and game modes.
As a thank-you for their support, existing players who previously purchased the app were given unlimited access to the first three seasons and all existing game modes. These players also receive a significant discount on Abel Runner's Club membership.
- Walk, Jog or Run Anywhere: Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. Players can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!
- A World Of Stories: With 400+ missions to date and new missions added every week during our annual new season release, players can enjoy a thrilling story every run.
- Zombie Chases: Our signature Zombie Chases simulate a incoming horde, and players have to increase their speed to escape. It's interval training... with an exciting twist.
- Free Cloud Backup: All players have access to our free ZombieLink service, to backup their runs and track their progress online.
- Apple Watch and Wear OS by Google: Keep track of your vital stats with a glance at your wrist.
Zombies, Run! Trailer YouTube
To request a full HD version of this trailer, please email email@example.com
Icon & Logos
- "Instead of offering mundane fitness tracking, Zombies, Run! 3 makes a game out
of being active."
- Vignesh Ramachandran, USA Today
- "I think the Zombies, Run! team has succeeded in something no one has before,
not even Nintendo; it honestly makes geeks get off the couch. Congrats, team.
You deserve a cookie."
- Mur Lafferty, The Escapist
- "A few weeks after my first mission, I was still motivated to get out and jog,
eager to take on the next zombie threat."
- Caelainn Hogan, The Washington Post
- "[#2 Most Innovative Company in Fitness]... This Kickstarter-funded app is one
part audio book, one part video game, and one party sneaky personal trainer."
- Kate Rockwood, Fast Company
- "Zombies, Run! is a really cool way to get outside and exercise. If you've
needed some added motivation, try the fear of an untimely and horribly gruesome
- Adam Dachis, Lifehacker
- "How an indie took on Nike, challenged the rules of narrative design, and
started the Kickstarter revolution."
- Mark Walton, Gamespot
About Six to Start
Six to Start is an independent game developer based in London, specialising in storylike games and game-like stories. Their latest games include Zombies, Run!, the world's bestselling smartphone fitness app, and The Walk, the first smartphone fitness game funded by the UK's Department of Health.
Six to Start was founded in 2007. It's made treasure hunts and games involving millions of players for Channel 4, the BBC, and Muse, along with cutting-edge fiction for Penguin and Macmillan that's been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art. The company also conducts research and development for companies including Disney Imagineering, Microsoft, and the British Museum.
About Naomi Alderman
Naomi Alderman is a writer, broadcaster, academic and technologist. Her most recent book is the international bestseller The Power, which is published in more than 30 languages, won the Baileys Prize for Fiction and was chosen as a book of the year by the New York Times, the Washington Post, the LA Times and President Barack Obama. She’s worked in games writing for 15 years, she's Professor of Creative Writing at Bath Spa University, she presents science programmes for BBC Radio 4 and writes Doctor Who stories for the BBC and Penguin. She is currently show-running the TV show of The Power for Amazon Prime Video.
More information on Naomi Alderman, including a full bio and photos, is available here.
Season 8 Cast
Phil / Callum
Co-Creator, Lead Writer
Writer, Story Editor
Head of Production, Audio Director
Senior Mobile Developer
Senior Mobile Developer
QA and Support