Six to Start & Naomi Alderman
Based in London, UK
21 April 2016
Pro Membership (Month/Year):
Prices may vary by region
|USD||$2.99 / $19.99|
|EUR||€2.99 / €19.99|
|GBP||£2.29 / £14.99|
DescriptionWith the launch of Season 5, the world’s most popular smartphone fitness game just keeps on running
Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure for iPhone and Android, created by Six to Start and award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. Almost three million players worldwide run to the perfect mix of heart-pumping audio drama and pulse-pounding songs from their own playlists.
Season 5 of Zombies, Run was launched on 21 April 2016, with 40 new missions and whole host of app improvements. This year, Zombies, Run! will grow beyond its iPhone and Android apps into events, books, boardgames, and more. We doubled the entrants to our premium ‘Virtual Race’ series this Spring, with 5000 entrants from 72 countries running a total of 30,864 km.
Later this year, we’ll be expanding Zombies, Run! even further, with the first Zombies, Run! book to be published by Penguin, the launch of our digitally-enhanced boardgame and an exciting secret project airing in early summer.
Zombies, Run! can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. A paid Pro Membership is available for unlimited access to all game modes and features. Existing players who previously purchased the app will receive the first three seasons for free and a significant discount on Pro Membership.
Download the launch press release (PDF)
HistorySix to Start are the co-creators of Zombies, Run! and The Walk.
Originally launched as a successful Kickstarter project in 2011, Zombies, Run! is the world's most popular smartphone fitness game, available on iOS and Android. Over one million players bought the app at a price of $3.99 to $7.99, with hundreds of thousands playing ever month.
In May 2015, Zombies, Run! became free-to-play, with new players given unlimited access to the first four missions and the ability to unlock one additional mission per week. A Pro Membership is available on a monthly and annual basis, which unlocks unlimited access to all missions and game modes.
As a thank-you for their support, existing players who previously purchased the app were given unlimited access to the first three seasons and all existing game modes. These players also receive a significant discount on Pro Membership.
- Walk, Jog or Run Anywhere: Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. Players can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!
- A World Of Stories: With 200+ missions to date, and 40 all-new episodes coming in Season 4, players can enjoy a new story every run.
- Zombie Chases: Our signature Zombie Chases simulate a incoming horde, and players have to increase their speed to escape. It's interval training... with an exciting twist.
- Free Cloud Backup: All players have access to our free ZombieLink service, to backup their runs and track their progress online.
- Apple Watch Support: Keep track of your vital stats with a glance at your wrist.
Zombies, Run! Trailer YouTube
To request a full HD version of this trailer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Icon & Logos
- "Instead of offering mundane fitness tracking, Zombies, Run! 3 makes a game out of being active."
- Vignesh Ramachandran, USA Today
- "I think the Zombies, Run! team has succeeded in something no one has before, not even Nintendo; it honestly makes geeks get off the couch. Congrats, team. You deserve a cookie."
- Mur Lafferty, The Escapist
- "A few weeks after my first mission, I was still motivated to get out and jog, eager to take on the next zombie threat."
- Caelainn Hogan, The Washington Post
- "[#2 Most Innovative Company in Fitness]... This Kickstarter-funded app is one part audio book, one part video game, and one party sneaky personal trainer."
- Kate Rockwood, Fast Company
- "Zombies, Run! is a really cool way to get outside and exercise. If you've needed some added motivation, try the fear of an untimely and horribly gruesome death."
- Adam Dachis, Lifehacker
- "How an indie took on Nike, challenged the rules of narrative design, and started the Kickstarter revolution."
- Mark Walton, Gamespot
About Six to Start
Six to Start is an independent game developer based in London, specialising in storylike games and game-like stories. Their latest games include Zombies, Run!, the world's bestselling smartphone fitness app, and The Walk, the first smartphone fitness game funded by the UK's Department of Health.
Six to Start was founded in 2007. It's made treasure hunts and games involving millions of players for Channel 4, the BBC, and Muse, along with cutting-edge fiction for Penguin and Macmillan that's been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art. The company also conducts research and development for companies including Disney Imagineering, Microsoft, and the British Museum.
About Naomi Alderman
Naomi Alderman has a background in literary fiction - her novels including ‘Disobedience’, ‘The Lessons’ and ‘The Liars’ Gospel’ have been published in 10 languages, and read on BBC Radio 4’s Book at Bedtime. She’s Professor of Creative Writing at Bath Spa University and she’s won the Orange Award for New Writers - but she also has a genre side. She was lead writer on long-running alternate reality game Perplex City, has made games for the BBC, writes about games for The Guardian and her Doctor Who novel Borrowed Time was published in July 2011.
More information on Naomi Alderman, including a full bio and photos, is available here.
Season 5 Cast
Professor Van Ark
Co-Creator, Lead Writer
QA & Support